IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE, YOUR ACCOUNT MUST BE:
-a real property, single family residential account,
- with a residence homestead (HS) exemption,
- and in a neighborhood which the appraisal district has determined to be eligible to E-File.
Unusually complex neighborhoods, accounts with multiple owners, accounts involved in litigation or binding arbitration, and accounts represented by an agent are not eligible to E‐File a protest.
HOW DO I GET AN OWNER ID AND/OR PIN NUMBER:
- If you are eligible, and received an appraisal notice, your Owner ID and E‐File PIN number can be found on your Notice of Appraised Value (located in the upper right-hand section of the form.)
- If you are not eligible, and received an appraisal notice, your E‐File PIN number will not be found on your Notice of Appraised Value.
- If you did not receive a Notice of Appraised Value, but you know that you are eligible, contact the Galveston Central Appraisal District at email@example.com or call (409) 935-1980 to request your owner ID and PIN number. Include your Property ID, Property Address and Owner Name with the request, so that we can identify the correct account information. You can find your property ID by going to www.galvestoncad.org and clicking the Property Search tab.
WHAT YOU NEED TO E‐FILE:
- a valid email address
-Owner ID = Account ID
Here is a link to the "Online Appeal Instructions" located under the How To tab.
Helpful Hint: If you have not received your confirmation email, please check your junk or spam mail to be sure the email has not been filtered out by your email provider. It may be beneficial to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to prevent further delays.